(ShreveportNews.com) A handful of local entrepreneurs will have the tremendous opportunity to set up shop in prime, downtown locations completely rent-free for two weeks in May. The Downtown Shreveport Development Corporation, Citizens National Bank, and the Downtown Development Authority have announced ____ lucky businesses that will fill vacant spots in Shreveport’s Red River District.
The businesses will be open in the new locations May 12-23, allowing entrepreneurs to test the market in the downtown area. According to www.downtownshreveport.com, here are the chosen businesses:
- SPACE: Interiors – A home décor & interior design business. Décor items, furniture, rugs topped off with design & staging advice
- Wired & Sassy LLC – One-of-kind metal clay jewelry, ranging from earrings to bracelets and more. Make your own jewelry at group jewelry-making parties.
- Haute Goat Creamery — Delicious goat cheese and artisan blends from the piney woods of East Texas. All items manufactured in a licensed cheese facility.
- The Pastry Chef — Specialty cakes made to order, donuts, cupcakes, cookies available daily.
- Ark-La-Tex 3D Technology – See 3-dimensional customizable items created while you watch. Learn the options available by this brave new world of printing.
- Photographix — A dynamic collaboration on an art gallery/photography studio/retail shop/marketing agency, all in one storefront.
- Camellia Café – Beignets, locally-roasted Camellia Coffee, Louisiana lunch specialties featuring red beans and rice, jambalaya and more.
- Three Sisters Gallery — Unique and custom artwork & home décor inspired by all things Louisiana. Popular custom abstract home portraits.
- Sherry’s Diner — Already a popular Shreveport eating establishment, Sherry will bring her Southern comfort and soul food to the Red River District, along with award-winning Banana Pudding known around the world.
- Ambit Supply Co — This trendy clothing line is as much about encouragement and inspiration as great t-shirts, tanks, hats and other fun items. Slogans on each piece are meant to encourage people to always exceed limits and boundaries.
- Sarah Joy Lewis Fine Art – Portrait artistry using sheer tinted acrylics for commission. Custom paintings for sale.
- The Green House Food Truck – It’s not a truck, but it is green… as in healthy alternatives! The healthy (but not meatless) restaurant concept will be tried out several times during the two week run of the Pop UP Project!
A special launch party open to the public is scheduled for Thursday, May 8 from 5-7 PM.