On Tuesday the Shreveport City Council should officially hang out the “We Want Your Business “...Read More
Category: Business Strategy
Achievement oriented business people love goals. Ask a salesperson to go sell widgets. Now have an agreement with that person to go sell ten widgets in three months. This simple change in approach and language makes all the...Read More
The Diamond-Water Paradox is posed early on to sophomore students in an economics course. The question is: why is water, which is required to maintain human life, of much lower value to people than diamonds are? Why are we...Read More
This is Part 2 of an article I published last month. I felt it was important to start this discussion as we are in a new round of some experts providing confusion around which group is most important for the for-profit firm:...Read More
Here we go again – the debate over which group should be the most important focus for a for-profit business is on us again. Should it be shareholders (or owners for the private for-profit firm), customers or employees? Which...Read More
Running Government Like A Business: How I Would Advise President-elect Trump I am going to take somewhat of a detour from the purpose of this series of articles that discusses points of view and frameworks to aid in the growth...Read More
Good strategic planning can be very useful for your firm if done appropriately. But the current business world has opportunities and threats popping up almost weekly for most firms. This suggests to some people that strategic...Read More
You might be thinking how in the world Bigler (your writer) is going to pull this one off. This is a weighty title and you the reader probably just said “Riiiight”. But after thirty-five years as a strategy...Read More
This article is a follow on to the one I wrote two months ago on your firm’s Vision, Mission, Values, and Purpose. When we plan a car trip we know where we want to go – to Chicago and not to Atlanta. We call up Google Maps and...Read More
Some pundits are asking if Apple has seen its better days. Its stock price is down 33% since 7-20-2015. I do not want to seem insensitive as the world lost a tremendous business mind and talent and person in Steven Jobs with his...Read More
- 17 Facts About Children Who Live Without Their Fathers
- Should Steven Jackson Be Allowed to Campaign for Shreveport Mayor, Much Less Be on The Caddo Commission?
- Shreveport Business Revolutionizing Vehicle Maintenance Services: Meet CurbTek
- Shreveport Times Runs Instagram Ad for Buying Paper Version of the News
- Shreveport Guardsmen Lead The Way Through Grueling Training Exercise
- Shreveport City Council: Setting The Field For Election 2018
- John Settle: Why Does The Media Keep Getting All The Shreveport Airport Stories Wrong?
- SPD Chief Crump Stands Up Caddo Commission At Funding Meeting
- CDC: US Suicide Rate On The Rise
- John Settle: Eighty New Police Officers For Shreveport This Year?