Consider your weekend activities planned: Cross Lake Flotilla 2014 is this Saturday from 11 AM to 8 PM on (you guessed it) Cross Lake in Shreveport.
Got a boat? Launch it from any of Cross Lake’s boat launches (Click here). We recommend avoiding the public launch as it is usually heavily congested with boat traffic.
No boat? No Worries! Park at the Cross Lake American Legion (5315 S. Lakeshore Dr) and enjoy food, music, and fun for the whole family.
For you visual folks, here are some of the best reasons to attend:
1. It’s a great excuse to enjoy the lake with good company.
2. The boats, man. The boats!
3. There’s a boat decorating contest (with a ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR PRIZE), and apparently it doesn’t take much to enter…
4. And some people decorate themselves…
5. Cross Lake’s finest will be on the scene!
6. Again, Cross Lake’s finest will be on the scene!
7. Great bands will be blasting tunes over the water from the American Legion.
8. Tina Palmisano (of Ernest’s Orleans Restaurant) has planned something great to eat for everyone.
9. CHARITY POKER RUN! ($20 Entry)
10. And of course, the grand finale is well worth the price of admission (free)…
Make sure and review the Rules and Regulations of Cross Lake.